Grade 6 includes ‘mini-exam’ Sessions with:
- 2 Rhythm Exercises in 2/4, 3/4 and 6/8 time to clap, tap or sing back of a simple rhythm pattern using eighth, quarter, dotted quarter, half and dotted half notes
- 8 Interval Identification Exercises: Identify the following intervals after the two notes have been played consecutively (melodic intervals).
- Above a given note: major 2nd, minor 3rd, major 3rd, perfect 4th, perfect 5th, minor 6th, major 6th, and perfect 8th.
- Below a given note: minor 3rd, major 3rd, perfect 4th, perfect 5th, minor 6th and perfect 8th.
- 6 Chord Identification Exercises: Identify major and minor triads when played in root position solid form.
- 2 Melody Playback Exercises of approximately nine notes based on the complete major scale from tonic to tonic, or dominant to dominant in C+, F+, G+ and D+, starting on the tonic (1st), mediant (3rd) or dominant (5th) note of the scale.