Grade 10 includes ‘mini-exam’ Sessions with:
- 6 Interval Identification Exercises: Identify the following intervals by size and quality (ex. major 3rd) after the two notes have been played consecutively (melodic intervals).
- Above a given note: any interval within an octave
- Below a given note: any interval within an octave
- 6 Chord Identification Exercises: Identify these chords when played in solid form:
- major and minor 4 note chords in root position, first inversion, second inversion (by quality and inversion ex. major root)
- dominant 7th and diminished 7th chords in root position
- 2 Cadence Identification Exercises Identify Cadences as Perfect (Authentic) (V-I), Plagal (IV-I), Imperfect (I-V) and Deceptive (V-VI) when played in a simple phrase in a major or minor key.
- 2 Melody Playback Exercises of the LOWER voice of a two-part phrase in a major key.