ARCT includes ‘mini-exam’ Sessions with:
- 2 Meter Identification Exercises Identify time signature of a four measure passage in 2/4, 3/4, 6/8 or 9/8 time.
- 6 Interval Identification Exercises: Identify the following intervals by size and quality (ex. major 3rd) after the two notes have been played consecutively (melodic intervals).
- Above a given note: any interval within a major 9th
- Below a given note: any interval within an octave
- 1 Chord Identification Exercise: Identify by chord symbols (I,V,VI, etc) the chords used in a four measure phrase in a major key. Starting on the tonic, it may include chords on the I, II, IV, V, VI degrees of the scale and may include a cadential six-four and dominant 7th chord.
- 2 Melody Playback Exercises of the BOTH voices of a two-part phrase in a major key.