Grade 4 includes ‘mini-exam’ Sessions with:
- 2 Rhythm Exercises in 2/4 and 6/8 time to clap, tap or sing back of a simple rhythm pattern using eighth, quarter, dotted quarter, half and dotted half notes
- 6 Interval Identification Exercises: Identify the following intervals after the two notes have been played consecutively (melodic intervals).
- Above a given note: minor 3rd, major 3rd, perfect 4th, perfect 5th, and perfect 8th
- Below a given note: minor 3rd, perfect 5th and perfect 8th.
- 3 Melody Playback Exercises of approximately six notes based on the first five notes of the major scale in C+, F+, G+ and D+ starting on the tonic (1st), mediant (3rd)or dominant (5th) note of the scale